Difference between conscious and subconscious mind.What is the difference between conscious and subconscious mind. We are aware of something on the outside us as well as some specific mental functions happening inside us.
* Awareness of sense perceptions
* Awareness of stream of thoughts What is the difference between conscious and subconscious mind
* Analysis and negative feedback on actions or thoughts (no, stop, wrong)
* Rationalization thoughts for why you did something
* Analysis or guidance of thoughts to do planning type activities
* Training yourself how to do something new
* Directed visualization or memory recall.
The conscious mind is our awareness at the present moment. We are aware of something on the outside us as well as some specific mental functions happening inside us. For example, we are ware of our environment, our breathing, or the people around us, if any.
* The execution system for driving 99% of activity
* Direction of awareness. e.g. eye drawn to movement
* Source of stream of thoughts
* Source of innate and instinctive behaviors
* Source of stream of undirected visualization – daydream, dreams, etc.
* Automated regulation of bodily functions
* Base level awareness (waking up due to pain or noise)
* Generates bodily feelings and emotions based on thoughts
* Generates bodily feelings due to direct unconscious perceptions.
Henry Ford said, “if you think you can, or if you think you can’t, you’re right!”
For years now, we have been hearing about the power of positive thinking. A question we might ask of those who make this statement is where does this power come from and how do we practically harness this power and knowledge to bring greater health and balance into our own lives?
In 1963, Dr. Joseph Murphy wrote a book called “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind”. This classic Self Help title explains that the power behind the thought is the subconscious mind. Although we really have only one mind, students of the mind typically separate the mind into two functional aspects (conscious and subconscious), each with its own attributes and powers. It turns out that it’s the thoughts and beliefs held in subconscious mind that creates the bulk of the reality we experience and it is the subconscious that we need to pay attention to if we want to make rapid and lasting change in our lives and reality.
The conscious mind averages only 40 bits of information per second!